WEEK OF SUNDAY, MARCH 15
Hosea, Prophet to Israel
Bible Passage: Hosea
Story Point: God loves people who do not love Him back.
Key Passage: - The Lord … is patient with you, … wanting … all to come to repentance. - 2 Peter 3:9 (CSB)
Big Picture Question: Why should we obey God? We should obey God because He made us, He loves us, and His plans are good.
CHRIST CONNECTION: Gomer did not love Hosea with all her heart. She did things that made Hosea sad, but Hosea still loved Gomer. God’s people do not love God with all their hearts. We do things that make God sad, but God still loves us. He showed us His love by sending Jesus to rescue us from sin.
WATCH THE STORY
SOME ACTIVITIES TO DO TOGETHER
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Block or object with "God's Plans are Good" written or taped on.
- Something to play music on.
Direct children to sit in a circle. Tape the words “God’s plans are good” on a block. Play music and guide children to quickly pass the block around the circle. Stop the music and say “God’s plans are good” as the child holding the block stands up. Repeat as interest allows. Older preschoolers can repeat the words after you.
DRAW YOUR FAMILY
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Something to draw with
Invite children to draw a picture of their family. Encourage children to name the people in their families. Write family members’ names under their pictures or spell the names for older preschoolers to write.
SAY • God planned for families to love one another and care for one another. Your family loves one another! In our Bible story today, we heard about a family. The daddy in this family loved the mommy very much, but the mommy did not love the daddy. Listen to the Bible story to hear how God used this family to teach His people, Israel, about His love.
QUESTIONS TO TALK ABOUT:
- Why did God tell Hosea to marry Gomer? (to teach the people of Israel what God’s love is like)
- Why did Gomer run away from home? (She did not love Hosea like a wife should love her husband.)
- What do you do when someone you love goes missing? (You go after him or her.)
- What did Hosea tell the people? (Turn back to God. He still loves you.)
- Why should we obey God? We should obey God because He made us, He loves us, and His plans are good.